Light It Up

I just adore this old lamp that's now in my daughter's bedroom over her bed. My mom got it for me to use in my bedroom when I was 3 (I think) and so I've had it for 32 years now. It was old before that so I'd say it's definitely vintage! All the metal was originally black and Mom painted it white. Love the pink globe.

It's survived countless moves without being broken and was stored away for many years to be used when my daughter was old enough to take care of it. I'm so glad it made it! I love the idea of passing something like this down from generation to generation.
I also love the sweet little print on the wall above her bed. I found it on eBay a few years ago. It came without glass over it so I went to Michaels and bought some to protect the print. I definitely have a girly girl who loves her pink!

3 comments:

PattieJ said...

Very pretty! I like it painted white!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How special that you used it as a child and still have it. Those are the treasures that mean the most. Twyla

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

What a beautiful heirloom. I hope your daughter (and many more women to come in your family) cherishes it as you have.