Daydreamin'

(Above pictures: Country Living)

Our rainy, rainy weather this week has me daydreaming of the lazy days of summer. And when I think of summer, my patriotic heart pitter-patters and my mind conjures up all kinds of decorating that involves those summery, Americana colors of red, white and blue. You can never go wrong with that combination! It's so classic, country and cottage-y.
I got this fabric last year to make my daughter a 4th of July top or sundress, but never did. It's not too late to do something for this year. I just love the vintage feed sack look of it.

Flowers in our yard from last year. They were absolutely beautiful on the 4th!

Daisies the kids and their dad picked by the side of the road for our BBQ.

Is this red-shuttered bird house not the cutest?

Memorial Day will be here faster than we know and then it'll be Flag Day and then the 4th of July. I'm ready this year. Ideas have been bombarding my mind for a 4th BBQ again this year. I better get busy if they're going to come to fruition!

9 comments:

Tara said...

What beautiful pictures, that table set up outside is glorious. You were so right about your flowers on your front porch being beautiful they were. That's one of my favorite color combinations! Have a great day, hopefully the rain in the good old PNW will let up some time this century!!!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a beautiful post with red, white, and blue pictures to die for! Thanks for sharing these...they are just wonderful!

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

I'm a HUGE fan of the red, white and blue and I've enjoyed your photos on here VERY much! It's inspiring, and it has me thinking about ways I can foofify my porch which is red, white and blue!
XOXO
Joni

Elyse said...

how ADORABLE the daisies look in the ribbon-tied jars!!! what a cute post from start to finish!

xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Anita! These pics really got me inspired to get going and fix up my front porch (I keep putting of) but hey its been raining here forever too!lol Have a great weekend! Love the flowers from last year and I adore that fabric too! Sincerely, Jeannette

sweetpralinemadness said...

Your blog makes me anxious for the 4th of July. I love the flowers in your yard. Beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I vote for them all!!!
Boohoo, I have NEVER (in a total of 9 houses, we've owned) had a front porch.
I love them!

Marcie in Mn, for now

addicted to life said...

people, i can not believe that you're living in such amazing houses and places!
cheers!

renee said...

I love the fabric. I just made dresses for my girls for the first time and now I'm working on ones for July 4th. Beautiful pictures!