Fab Fourth

I'm hoping all of you out in blog land had a wonderful 4th of July like we did! We had a large gathering of family and friends for a BBQ and it turned out great.

Here are some of the many flowers we planted in red, white, and "blue". I'm so glad we decided to go with these colors because they just added to the fun! They are doing so well this year, too.

This is a closer picture of the sweet red, white, and blue vintage tablecloth I recently won on eBay. I'm thinking it would be fun to collect a few more of these in time for the next 4th of July.Below are some impromptu centerpieces I put together using stuff I already had on hand. Trying to keep it inexpensive and unique. Only problem was, I set them on top of the refrigerator to free up some precious space in the kitchen to prep food for our party. That's where they still were during and after the party. Oops! I had to post pictures to make putting them together worthwhile.

A vintage child's shovel and seashells in a vintage star colander.

Vintage and not so vintage star cookie cutters and mold with a few vintage red and blue buttons and some star garland on a small glass cake stand.

The cutest vintage stir sticks with mini whistles propped up in the middle of some vintage red dominoes in a glass compote.

Happy July!!!

1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Y'all are a WhistleStop Centerpiece of the Month!
Come visit~ you can pick up your photo tag.
Fun ideas!